- Vision, Mission, and Goals
- Services Offered
Vision, Mission and Goals
The Health Services Department of Holy Name University envisions a person with a strong conviction for the upliftment of the person's well-being, coupled with Christian value and willingness to commit oneself in building Christian communities.
The department is committed to the:
- Value of safety consciousness and life preservation;
- Development of physical, mental and social well-being of the students and school personnel;
- Creation and maintenance of healthy environment at school, home and community.
We commit to:
- To protect and improve the health condition of students and school personnel through medical advice;
- To conduct health education programs and activities that would develop the total well-being of a person;
- To create and maintain a healthy environment in school, at home and in the community; and
- To acquire and maintain equipment and facilities to ensure that high professional standards are maintained for the care of the sick.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- HEALTH ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
- It is the appraisal and evaluation of the health and lifestyle of the students and personnel with an emphasis on education.
- Periodic Physical Examination
- Medical Consultation
- Referrals to health care providers
Issuance of Medical Certificate
- DENTAL PROGRAM
- It is the provision of dental services which helps promote and maintain good oral health of the school population through the prevention and control of dental diseases.
- Dental Consultation
- Dental Examination
- Oral Prophylaxis
- Tooth Extraction
- Issuance of Dental Certificate
- Referral and Recommendation
- PRIMARY CARE PROGRAM
- It is the provision of emergency services in case of injury and/or sudden illness.
- First Aid Treatment
- Blood Pressure check up
- Wound Dressing
- Cold Compress
- Hot Compress
- Oxygen inhalation
- Suture Removal
- HEALTH EDUCATION AND WELLNESS PROGRAM
- This program is done in order to help support and enhance the health and well-being of students and personnel by addressing the physical and mental health needs as an integral component of learning, growing, thriving and succeeding.
- Bulletin Board Display
- Distribution of Health Leaflets
- First Aid and Basic Life Support Training
- Chair-side Health Counseling
- Seminars, Lectures and Trainings
- Nutrition Education and/or Physical Fitness