College of Law
About the College of Law
The College of Law of then Holy Name College was established in 1948. Since then, it has produced lawyers, prosecutors, Municipal Trial Court and Regional Trial Court judges.
The College of Law has started in 1948 with Atty. Anastacio A. Mumar as the first dean of the college. Later when Holy Name College was renamed Divine Word College, Atty. Elpidio V. Biliran served as dean. He was succeeded by Atty. Sulpicio A. Tinampay. Also serving as dean in was Atty. Paulino G. Clarin. Currently, the College of Law is under the deanship of Atty. Tomas D. Abapo, Jr. who has served Holy Name University. The College of Law was able to produce a bar topnotcher in 1968 in the person of the late Atty. Oscar D. Glovasa.
Vision, Mission and Goals
A college where legal education is served by competent and outstanding lawyers and law graduates committed to the promotion of justice, equality and fairness in the spirit of the Divine Word.
MissionWe commit ourselves to the:
- legal education deeply immersed in Catholic principles and moral values;
- Promotion awareness of and involvement in social, political, economic and environmental responsibilities, in the service of fellowmen in all levels of the community.
We aim to:
- To impart and imbibe concepts of law on the basis of Catholic philosophy;
- To provide intensive studies on the different aspects of law and the latest jurisprudence on provisions of law by the Supreme Court of the Philippines;
- To provide and promote legal research;
- To render legal outreach and assistance to communities, together with the Christian ministry, and thus, inculcate spiritual and value formation;
- To conduct forums, participate in legal activities to initiate public reforms and other policy changes that will be beneficial to poor and marginalized communities.
Juris Doctor (Non-Thesis Programme)
Prof. Atty. Tomas D. Abapo, Jr.
Masters of Laws
Prof. Judge Lindecita C. Arcamo
Prof. Atty. Cristifil D. Baluma, CPA
Master of Laws
Prof. Atty. Carlo Brian S. Carandang
Prof. Prosecutor Adolfo M. Doroy
Master in Business Education
Mr. Mark Louie C. Huraño
Master in English
Dr. Maria Asuncion A. Jalad
Prof. Judge Marlo M. Malagar
Masters of Laws
Prof. Judge Olivia M. Mende
Prof. Atty. Maria Cielito B. Segovia
Prof. Atty. Irol A. Torres, SVD
Prof. Atty. Cheryl Ann S. Villares
MAED major in Mathematics
Prof. Atty. John Titus J. Vistal
Master of Regional Development
Prof. Atty. Lawrence Louie G. Uy
Prof. Atty. Warren B. Yap, Jr., CPA
Prof. Dr. Soccoro Anne R. Zaluaga
MAED major in English Language Teaching
DA in Literature Communication